Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What to do when you impulse purchase a cauliflower.

Take note: this WILL happen to you.  It is not a matter of IF you will feel compelled to buy a natural looking cauliflower, but WHEN.  If you're like me, you've probably never seen a cauliflower in it's natural state.  I'm only familiar buying one at the supermarket all white and perfect looking and sometimes wrapped in plastic!  Did you know that a bonafied cauliflower is covered up by alien looking green leaves that wrap all the way up and around the white part?!  I impulse purchased this during our farmer's market excursion for only $1!  $1 is the 2009 equivalent of a nickel in the 1950s.  I was overjoyed to have procured a whole head of real looking cauliflower for such a good price.  Carrying my new vegetable away I felt awesome...like everyone in the crowd could see what I had done and was secretly complimenting my good decision and shrewd vegetable buying sense (albeit chastising me at the same time for putting it in a plastic bag).   Now I have to figure out what to do with it.  I've never felt so saddled by any one thing in my refrigerator.

This week, I'll be trying out a cauliflower recipe from Real Simple magazine.  If it is tasty, I'll provide the link to the recipe in an upcoming post.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I also have a fabulous cauliflower recipe that calls for gruyere. Let me know if you want it!

OrganicAngel? said...

Send it my way-I'll post it!